We are all responsible for fostering a research culture that supports each other to do our best work. This includes acting with honesty, accountability, openness and fairness in the search for and dissemination of knowledge.
The Scholarly Integrity Initiative supports UBC researchers and scholars in all aspects of conducting research responsibly. This includes information and resources about:
- Best practices and key challenges related to the responsible conduct of research,
- Frameworks for navigating ethical issues and challenges inherent to all stages of research, and
- The responsibilities of the university regarding scholarly integrity.
The initiative is inspired by the commitment to research excellence at UBC, as outlined in the university's strategic plan: Shaping UBC's Next Century and is informed by the Scholarly Integrity Policy and the Tri-Agency Framework on the responsible conduct of research.
We hope the material found on this site will start conversations about conducting research with integrity, as we each contribute to a strong and diverse research culture at UBC.
Get Started with:
- About UBC's Scholarly Integrity Policy.
- Learn more about other UBC policies related to the responsible conduct of research.
- Share your thoughts on the topics and resources you would like to see to support scholarly integrity at UBC.
- Learn more about how to report or respond to a breach of scholarly integrity at UBC.
We acknowledge that UBC's two main campuses are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the xwma0-kwafam (Musqueam) and Syilx (Okanagan) peoples, and that UBC's activities take place on Indigenous lands throughout British Columbia and beyond.